Welcome to The High Calling, a collection of resources founded on the belief that God cares about our daily work. On our site, you’ll discover a broad range of articles, interviews, devotionals, and inspirational stories—all specifically created to help you find God in your work, family, and the broader culture. Our writers and bloggers tell engaging stories crafted to encourage you in the high calling of your daily work.
Honoring God in our daily work is much more than mere evangelism. Our work itself should be a testimony to our creator. That is why we encourage each other to remember the high calling of our daily work.
The High Calling is also a safe place to ask difficult questions about work, leadership, culture, family, and faith. Our community of Christ followers shares differing opinions about matters of faith and doubt. We believe in the power of open dialog, and aim to be a safe place to raise difficult issues. We simply ask that each person be respectful of others, rooted and grounded in love.
We invite you to...
Discover new Christian Resources.
Every day we publish new articles and Bible reflections to help you discover meaning and significance in your daily work. Browse our topic categories or run a search to find the content you need. Or register to receive notifications of new resources straight to your email inbox.
- Daily Reflections—a short Bible study every day by scholar and theologian Mark D. Roberts. (Register and preview this resource in our sidebar.)
- Weekly Calling—summary of best content from the previous week (Register and preview this resource in our sidebar.)
- Quarterly Sermon Notes—each quarter, a new set of three outlines that can be adapted for sermons or bible classes.
Engage in conversation.
Feel free to leave comments on featured posts you find meaningful, relevant or timely. You can comment anonymously, or sign up here.
Become a member of the community.
Get to know us better.
Further the conversation.
As you find meaningful posts, share the links with your friends via email, Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets. If you’re a blogger, include links to The High Calling or to network bloggers in your own posts, as you have opportunity. When you find good writing in our network, let us know by posting a link to good articles on our Facebook page. (Bloggers, please don't post links to your own articles).
The High Calling is a program of the Foundations for Laity Renewal. We share stories and devotions that inspire people to see connections between work, life, and God. Our motto is “Every day conversations about work, life, and God.” We accomplish our mission when we:
- Provide free faith-and-work content for personal and small group study, for sermon outlines, and for daily reflection
- Utilize trained editors who read, comment on, promote, and link to material when it represents our mission.
- Promote this material as an online magazine with web presence and encouraging, helpful eNewsletters.
- Offer access to a diverse, worldwide community seeking purpose for life and work
Subscribe for free to receive email encouragements about your work—once a week, once a day, or both!
Most Popular Posts
Most Emailed Posts
Daily Reflection From Laity Lodge
Do You Ever Wish God ...
In yesterday's post, I talked about my friend John, who, in his preaching, often reveals spoilers from popular movies or books. If you're in his church and you don't see a hit movie on opening... Read More +